Wednesday, February 11, 2015

River Dart, February 2015

I had been so fired up for this weekend for ages, literally the only thing getting me through weeks of tedious education and other bullshit. And we were picking up some boats from where we store them and I saw there was my Dad's old Wenonah open boat on the roof and that was all, so I asked who it was for. That was when he gave me the bad news. Low levels and an ass scrape, two phrases that would make any paddler weep. So Dad was taking this boat for Elliott, who obviously wasn't taking a kayak therefore meaning the Upper section wasn't running. And it was that which got me the most, the upper is a fantastic continuous class IV run and even better in high volume.

But regardless of my misery, I chose to take my Spanish Fly canoe as i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get some practice on an easy river. So we ended up just running the loop 3 times throughout the weekend, which although wasn't completely boring it was still a shame we couldn't get on anything more meaty. But yeah, overall turned out to be a real relaxing stress free weekend, which I really needed as school is so crap. Just hate being tied down in the city!

Here's the video of the weekend,  hope you enjoy...




Hopefully planning a weekend in Wales soon, which will be sweet. An opportunity to do some gnarly paddling on some stuff I've never run before. Fingers crossed all goes to plan

PEACE 

xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment